What is Reflexology?
Reflexology is an ancient healing therapy that is both energy medicine and bodywork. Hand and foot reflexology has been used as part of medical care since as far back as the ancient Egyptian and classic Chinese times. The basic assumption used by the reflexologist is that each organ, gland and part of the body is reflected in both the hands and the feet. Stimulation of the so-called ‘reflex points’ promotes relaxation, improves circulation and encourages the body to heal itself.
Unlike conventional medicine, reflexology is a natural therapy that has little or no side effects.
How Can Reflexology Help You?
When specific lower back reflexes are emphasized during a session, it is possible to feel relief from lower back pain and tension almost immediately. Reflexology may offer many other benefits, including relaxation, stress relief, revitalized energy and improved circulation. Reflexology may be extremely helpful in reversing or preventing the effects of stress in your life.
Reflexology induces a physical response that releases endorphins; the body’s natural pain-killing substance. Once endorphins enter the bloodstream, back pain is relieved and people begin to feel more relaxed. Reflexology also increases blood flow and with better circulation of oxygen and nutrients, the body’s natural healing system is boosted. A properly functioning system can aid recovery from back pain and a strong immune system may prevent the back problem reoccurring.
- proximaa-centauri reblogged this from alynngiselle
- blasianofglory likes this
- themagicalcece likes this
- i-want-to-go-on-an-adventure reblogged this from alynngiselle
- 1flower1noose likes this
- helenmcgowan likes this
- moonstohned likes this
- vida-escarlate likes this
- cosmic-marionettion-minos likes this
- ill-take-coffee-and-cigarettes reblogged this from alynngiselle
- ill-take-coffee-and-cigarettes likes this
- reinaj91 reblogged this from alynngiselle
- bee-jaye likes this
- sggalore reblogged this from alynngiselle and added:
- alynngiselle posted this